Wednesday 16 September 2015

REVIEW: Against the Grain (THIRDS #5) by Charlie Cochet

Review

Rating: 5/5
We finally get Cael and Ash! Don't get me wrong, I love Dex and Sloane to pieces and I love their story. But I've been waiting for Cael and Ash's story for a while now, so it was nice to finally get it.

This book picks up straight after Rise & Fall, which is still my favorite book in the series. We switch POV to Ash and it picks up at a really funny scene that I adore.

This book really made me feel for Ash in a way I didn't before. You learn a lot about him and why he is the way he is. It was heartbreaking for me at times and I wanted to hug him and slap him upside the head for treating Cael the way he did. I was able to understand it a little better here, though.

Cael's past was a shock. I can't pretend it wasn't. The stuff he went through was tough and I'm glad he got away from that asshole. My heart broke for him and Dex when they discuss an incident in their past. 

It took a while for these two to get to where I wanted them to be. There were a lot of ups and downs in this book for them. So when they finally got together for real, I was cheering and grinning like an idiot. 

The stuff with Hobbs left me extremely pissed. I wanted to kill a certain character. And I really hope he either gets his comeuppance in the next book or grovels until he has me them convinced he's really, really sorry.

About the Book

As the fiercest Defense Agent at the THIRDS, Destructive Delta’s Ash Keeler is foul-mouthed and foul-tempered. But his hard-lined approach always yields results, evident by his recent infiltration of the Coalition. Thanks to Ash’s skills and the help of his team, they finally put an end to the murdering extremist group for good, though not before Ash takes a bullet to save teammate Cael Maddock. As a result, Ash’s secrets start to surface, and he can no longer ignore what’s in his heart.

Cael Maddock is no stranger to heartache. As a Recon Agent for Destructive Delta, he has successfully maneuvered through the urban jungle that is New York City, picking up his own scars along the way. Yet nothing he’s ever faced has been more of a challenge than the heart of Ash Keeler, his supposedly straight teammate. Being in love isn’t the only danger he and Ash face as wounds reopen and new secrets emerge, forcing them to question old loyalties.


Buy Links


Dreamspinner Press: Dreamspinner Press
Amazon US: Amazon US
Amazon UK: Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment