Thursday 10 September 2015

REVIEW: Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson

Review

Rating: 5/5
I'm a huge fan of m/m romances and I also love discovering new authors. Trust the Focus introduced me to the fabulous Megan Erickson. It also introduced me to the lovable Justin and Landry or #JusLan.

I can't begin to describe my love for this book. It made me angry, it made me happy and it left me feeling bereft because I wanted to continue with these boys on their journey.

At first, Justin is a bit hard to like. He does some not-so-nice things that hurt Landry. But as the story progresses, it's impossible to not fall in love with him. He's in love with his best friend and is afraid to come out because of his mom. To add to all that, he lost his dad, one of the most important people in his life.

Landry is openly gay and has a "boyfriend". He's also in love with his best friend. He puts up with a lot from Justin. But there are also times Justin has been there for him and supported him throughout the years. He has two awesome parents who love him and want the best for him and for Justin.

I wanted to give both these guys a hug and tell them they they needed to be together. I was rooting for them to find that much deserved HEA, which thankfully, they got. I would love to catch up with them in the future and perhaps see how life is going for them. But that doesn't mean I wasn't happy with the ending, because I was. It was amazing!



About The Book




From the author of Make it Count comes the first novel in the In Focus series…



With his college graduation gown expertly pitched into the trash, Justin Akron is ready for the road trip he planned with his best friend Landry— and ready for one last summer of escape from his mother’s controlling grip. Climbing into the Winnebago his father left him, they set out across America in search of the sites his father had captured through the lens of his Nikon.

As an aspiring photographer, Justin can think of no better way to honor his father’s memory than to scatter his ashes at the sites he held sacred. And there’s no one Justin would rather share the experience with more than Landry.

But Justin knows he can’t escape forever. Eventually he’ll have to return home and join his mother’s Senate campaign. Nor can he escape the truth of who he is, and the fact that he’s in love with his out-and-proud travel companion.


Admitting what he wants could hurt his mother’s conservative political career. But with every click of his shutter and every sprinkle of ash, Justin can’t resist Landry’s pull. And when the truth comes into focus, neither is prepared for the secrets the other is hiding.

Buy Links

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-Focus-Megan-Erickson-ebook/dp/B00LMGLZPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441876883&sr=8-1&keywords=Trust+the+Focus

No comments:

Post a Comment